Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Worth the Hype

Following in the footsteps of friends, I'm writing a "Worth the Hype" post, because, well, I think this product is definitely deserving.

Realizing that Iain is definitely a snuggler, and fearing he'd end up with a permanently flat head and be an unhappy baby if I didn't find some way to carry him while still being able to get stuff done, I set out to find an adequate solution.

-I tried a front-pack carrier: not adjustable enough, so too much room between me and Iain and it felt like wearing luggage, oh and it hurt my shoulders after 1/2 an hour with a then-7-lb baby!
-I tried a sling: way too awkward, uncomfortable and Iain HATED it.
-I tried the Moby Wrap: Instant love! It kept him snuggled close and distributed his weight so well that he felt nearly weightless!

What is it? Basically a huge piece a material that you wrap around yourself in certain ways and then slip baby in. It's like a dream come true! ...did I mention I'm a fan?

We bought one and I can't get enough of it! I made dinner, I washed dishes AND I took a little snooze (see picture) all while "wearing" my very content baby.

You'll notice we opted for a nice masculine color...or not. :) We figured I had to enjoy wearing it, and I'm ok with answering questions about my baby girl; it's not like they'd spell his name right, anyway. :)

6 comments:

Anna Ray said...

Very cute! Can it be used to carry an older child on the back & side as well as front?

Betsy said...

Anna,

Yes! It can be used in a variety of ways, and holds up to 35 lbs.

Adam A said...

Awwwwwwwww!

Heidi said...

I want one! Not sure whether I mean baby or the wrap - okay, I'll take both, in the appropriate order... Very much looking forward to seeing your little munchkin - he's so cute!

Meghan said...

You two look so precious!! Now you just need to post a picture of Mark wearing the wrap with Iain.

the observer said...

Oh, he's so cute! And you sure look super duper! I love the moby wrap that I made after Alexis showed me the one that she bought at a garage sale. Hannah and I bought $3 of clearance fabric and made 2! Crazy! Not as cute as yours, for sure, but functional and comfortable. Michael is moving now, and not interested in being snuggled so close anymore :( Oh how they grow!