Thursday, February 28, 2008

Happy 1 month and ZERO DAY, Iain!!!

Today is a long-awaited day in the Archibald home: Iain is officially zero, and also 1 month old! Today, Feb. 28th was his official due date, exactly 1 month after his birthday.

He had a check-up with the doctor this morning. He is now 8 lb, 13 oz!!! Way to go, Iain!

The doctor told me that Iain will now behave like a normal newborn; words that were music to my ears! ...On the other hand, the whole idea of him being awake-but-not-hungry is a little scary for me; I'm not sure what to make of that. How do I know he's not hungry? I've gotten too used to plugging away at feeding him until I know he's full because he drops off to sleep (normal preemie behavior).

The following pictures are a few days old, and fortunately, we're not supplementing all that much these days, hurray! (I hope I haven't spoken too soon). On the other hand, it's nice to get a break every now and then.

Mark and Iain getting down to business:
Mark, don't smile! ;) ...
Heehee, aren't they cute? My two favorite boys!

2 comments:

Meghan said...

Happy 1 Month Birthday Iain!! Can you beleive how fast it has gone by??

Maggie&Suzie said...

Happy Zero Day Iain! and happy one month to Mom and Dad! Maak looks like fatherhood fits pretty well ;) and Iain is a cutie!! Can't wait to meet him in person.
~Aunt Reenie~