Wednesday, May 2, 2007


Mark had to wait until after my big exam for his feastday cake, it's his fav: Fruitcake mit marzipan and a healthy dousing of Brandy. Here it is in all its glory, just before a large chunk was -ectomied. :)
As for that exam...well, it certainly could have gone better, but it went about as expected, esp. in light of being out of the nursing environment for 2 years, etc... Anywho, I'm about 95% sure that I'll be visiting Pearson Vue testing center again in the next few months. But thanks for all your prayers! I could tell that they were extremely efficacious; I was peaceful and calm throughout this past week and while taking the exam. Excellent dress rehearsal, you are all to be commended! ;)

3 comments:

Heidi said...

"Oooo - look at yours! Mine's a bit luuumpy."

This time, I'm sure Martha would be jealous ;).

Adam A said...

Congrats on the cake - definitely up to standard! I'm sure there's none left now... I just hope Mark let you have some before he finished it!

When do you get your results for the exam?

Lynne Karagoulis said...

I am happy to see that you have carried on (and obviously mastered) the Archibald Fruitcake tradition. Though my love for Mark inspired me to make it several times, I still prefer the all-american Duncan Hines! Happy names day, Fred...?