Friday, October 30, 2009

Really?

Thanks for your contributions to my "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" poll. For those of you wondering, Mark grew up with the "heads and..." version. Yes, I told Mark that we only have one head, but he claims it's a group song, so there are multiple heads. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. But how to raise the children... ;)

Ok, on to the meat of this post...tunics and leggings - Really? Again? WHY?!

Are you with me, or am I just fashionably-challenged?

I know there must be legging-lovers out there somewhere. Someone has to be buying them. Are you a legging-lover? I really would love to hear from you.

If you don't happen to have an opinion on tunics and leggings, how about this one: Where do you buy your clothes? I'm looking (seemingly in vain) for clothes that are classy while trendy, comfortable while feminine and don't require at least 2 layers just to be modest. Is it just me or have clothes become disposable (ie, so thin they won't last more than a year, and even if they did they'd be horribly out of fashion by the 2nd year anyway.) I'd love some help in my quest for (oh yeah, affordable) items.

2 comments:

Meghan said...

Although tunics and leggings sound appealing because of the stretchy factor, they bring back too many bad memories from fifth grade. I too agree that shirts are too thin these days, and it is ridiculous to have to wear at least two so they aren't see through. Maybe we should start our own clothing line ;-) I did get some great long sleeve t-shirts from the gap, and they aren't see through. I don't remember them being that expensive either.

Megs said...

Good thought. I prefer the tunics with jeans or capri's look. And the leggings only go with modest skirts or dresses. I tend to buy my clothes in the petite sections, which are generally designed for old ladies, so thank goodness grandmas are modest!