Saturday, October 13, 2007

Drum roll, please

First, I have to apologize to my 3 fans for the delay in this post. Yesterday, I had to run straight from my ultrasound to an all-afternoon training seminar for work that continued through the day, today. Secondly, I also have to apologize for the fuzzy pictures. We don't have a scanner, so I had to use my digital camera to get post-able images, which resulted in less than clear pictures, esp. for the profile pictures which are already blurry because baby's head was tucked in a funny position that made it hard to reach with the ultrasound waves. So........ :) :) :)

...We're having a.....
BOY!!!!!
For those of you less-than-ultrasound-savvy folks, that's a picture of the backside and legs of our baby boy, with his little boy parts front and center (yes, he does have a full left leg, it's just in shadow.) :) He certainly wasn't shy about showing off that part of himself; it was the very first thing we saw as the ultrasound began! His head, however was another matter. The images on the screen at the ultrasound were clearer and he looks SUPER cute, if I can say so, but this is what we came home with:


The shadowy image above his nose is his right hand.

I should also mention that it doesn't look I need to worry about him being a Leap Day baby, after all. He measured a week larger than expected, so my due date has been moved up to 2/20/08. I'm thrilled, as it's one week less that I have to wait to meet him!

Last night, Mark and I celebrated by beginning our baby registry. I discovered that it's dangerous to bring along your very excited, sports-fan husband! Our son isn't going to lack sports-related baby items if Mark has anything to do with it. I tried to remind him that chances are we'll have girls as well, and I'd rather not wrap them all in football-patterned receiving blankets! :)

It was so amazing to see our first child, our son, yesterday morning. He looks healthy, as far as we can tell, though the tech wouldn't have been allowed to tell us otherwise. She seemed very friendly and excited for us, and asked if we might bring him in for a visit after he is born. That leads me to believe there's no cause for concern. :) Praise the Lord for our healthy baby! Please continue to keep us all in your prayers.





5 comments:

Kate said...

Congratulations!!! I can't wait to meet my nephew :)

It was great seeing you last weekend and I'm looking forward to seeing you again. Love, Kate.

the observer said...

Congratulations!!! I'm all over that blue baby quilt!

So, while you are registering, here's my best mom advice for NECESSARY baby items (in no particular order; email if you want more details):
-Ultimate crib sheet (get 2)
-Oxiclean ("detergent of the gods")
-Durabibs (get 2)
-Not necessary, but the Bumbo baby seat is awesome
-Some sort of sling
-Robeez baby shoes
-Miracle Blanket (or other serious swaddling blanket)
-Playtex and/or Gerber sippy cups
-Newborn long-sleeve kimono shirts that cover the hands (and sharp litle fingernails!)
-Toys that attach to the infant car seat handle
-Pack'n'play and sheets for it

Oooh... I'm so excited for you!!!
Karen

Alexis said...

Yea, a boy! I was right, of course ;). I was on retreat all weekend and was wondering the whole time what was going to happen. Congrats!

Adam A said...

Fantastic!! Though I confess I can't make head, tail or anything else of the ultrasound images! (Perhaps once I've done my obstetrics attachment...) I'm so excited!!!

Reenie said...

yay! Looking forward to seeing the baby boy in person sometime soon-ish :) and i'll be sure to tell him when he turns 16 that we all saw pics of his you know what online before he was even born ;)